- Teach undergraduate and graduate violin students
- Build a national profile as a collaborative artist and successful string pedagogue
- Maintain visibility as a teacher at the state, national, and international levels
- Effectively recruit, retain and advise a diverse and high caliber class of undergraduate, MM, and DMA students
- Teach weekly studio class
- Provide effective service to the profession as well as to the College and University
- Interest in and capacity to teach string pedagogy
Doctorate -Violin Performance
- Master's degree and/or equivalent performance experience at the professional level
- Evidence of successful recruiting and studio teaching at the university level desirable
- Orchestral experience desirable
Required Application Materials
Please provide a letter of application, curriculum vitae, list of references with contact information, and recent audio or video recordings representing a variety of performances including some recent live, unedited material.
You will be asked for the e-mail addresses of three references who will in turn receive an e-mail with instructions to upload their letters of recommendation. Audio and video links should be easily accessible to the committee members (YouTube, Google Drive, etc.).
Review of Applications Begins On
With 70 full-time faculty members, the Michigan State University College of Music serves approximately 600 majors and offers a comprehensive range of degree programs from baccalaureate through the doctorate. For more information about the College, please visit our website at www.music.msu.edu
Michigan State University has been advancing the common good with uncommon will for more than 160 years. One of the top research universities in the world, MSU pushes the boundaries of discovery and forges enduring partnerships to solve the most pressing global challenges while providing life-changing opportunities to a diverse and inclusive academic community through more than 200 programs of study in 17 degree-granting colleges.
Internal Number: 546894
About Michigan State University
Spartans work every day to advance the common good in uncommon ways.Together, we tackle some of the world?s toughest problems to find solutions that make life better?from alternative energy to better food safety to breakthrough medical and environmental applications achieved through rare isotope research.We teach. We explore and we discover. We collaborate and lead. We innovate, inspire, and empower. We achieve our potential and create circumstances that help our students and others achieve theirs.We're good at it, and we've been at it for more than 150 years.The nation?s pioneer land-grant university, MSU began as a bold experiment that democratized higher education and helped bring science and innovation into everyday life. The revolutionary concept became a model for the nation.Today, MSU is one of the top research universities in the world?on one of the biggest, greenest campuses in the nation. Home to nationally ranked and recognized academic, residential college, and service-learning programs, we?re a diverse community of dedicated students and scholars, athletes and artists, scientists and leaders.In ways both practical and profound, we work to create a stronger, more sustainable, and more hopeful future for all.