Administrative/Support, Allied Health - Staff/Administrative, Staff/Administrative
Position Title: Clinical Staff Assistant
Classification Title: FTM Staff Dental Modified
City/Campus: Detroit - Corktown
Department: Dental Clinic
Position Status: Full Time Modified
This position is designed to fill demands for staffing needs to cover staff absences and fluctuant increased needs in specific clinical areas. Assist in all clinical areas as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
(1) Perform dental assisting duties as they relate to each specific clinical area. This includes setting up for procedures, assisting utilizing four-handed technique and cleaning up afterwards.
(2) Expose, process and mount digital x-rays.
(3) Perio charting and documenting as necessary using the electronic health record in preparation for patients’ treatment plan.
(4) Adherence to infection control guidelines and OSHA compliance.
(5) Scheduling patient appointments, utilizing the computer system; answering and directing patient calls.
(6) Perform dispensary and sterilization duties. Assist in stocking, distributing and collecting instruments and materials.
(7) Assist in any capacity in other patient care areas including screening, radiology, reception, appointment center, and financial services.
(8) Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
Education (Minimum/Preferred): A high school diploma or GED.
Experience (Minimum/Preferred): Two to five years of experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Must be competent in dental terminology and instrumentation, exposing, processing and mounting dental radiographs, assisting chairside in general and specialty dental procedures. Must be knowledgable of proper OSHA procedures. Experience assisting in implant surgical and restorative procedures is preferred. Must have experience using a personal computer.
Must be able to sit and bend. Must have manual dexterity to manage four handed dentistry and instrument transfer. Must be mobile and able to move around the building to escort patients to and from the operatory.
Regular exposure to favorable conditions such as those found in a normal dental office.
Licenses/Certifications: Current Radiology certification and current certification in CPR/BLS.
Monday-Friday Varied 40 hours weekly between 8:00am and 6:30 pm
This is a Dental Modified position – when the students are on break (from 1 day to 2 weeks at a time, this position does not work) as determined through the Dental School Academic Calendar.
About University of Detroit Mercy
Michigan’s largest, most comprehensive private university, the University of Detroit Mercy is an independent Catholic institution of higher education sponsored by the Religious Sisters of Mercy and Society of Jesus. The university seeks qualified candidates who will contribute to the University's urban mission, commitment to diversity, and tradition of scholarly excellence. The University of Detroit Mercy is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer with a diverse faculty and student body and welcomes persons of all backgrounds.
Internal Number: SD9992-TD005-0618-991
About University of Detroit Mercy
The University of Detroit Mercy has one goal - to help our students realize their dreams and ambitions. We fulfill that goal by offering challenging academic programs taught by talented, committed professors and supplemented by hands-on research, co-op, and internship opportunities.