Admissions, Development, Recruitment/Workforce Development Services, Staff/Administrative
Position Title: Assistant Director
Classification Title: FT Administrator
City/Campus: Detroit - McNichols
Department: Admissions and Recruitment
Position Status: Full Time
The Assistant Director of Admissions works collaboratively with the University community, community college administrators, counselors and advisors to assist in the planning, developing and implementing recruitment and admission programs. In this leadership position, the Assistant Director will actively contribute to the growth, development and activities within the department and increase communication with community partners.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
(1) Initiate and maintain contact with community college counselors, advisors, and other metro Detroit business leaders through individual and group interactions in an effort to increase relationships and create feeder schools/businesses.
(2) Create new target markets by identifying populations for outreach and develop and implement activities and programs aimed to increase university visibility in these markets.
(3) Support the yield activities by supervising designated recruitment territory, and across territories as needed.
(4) Support recruitment at day/evening events as a representative of the University.
(5) Review academic qualifications and make admissions decisions, communicate and explain financial aid information to prospective students from the inquiry stage through final award clarification.
(6) Liaison between Admissions Office and Detroit Mercy departments to enhance transfer experience for new students.
(7) Evaluate data from self-initiated and standard enrollment reports to determine actions which will maximize recruitment. Sources will include inside and outside database sources such as SLATE, Banner, and National Clearinghouse, Phi Theta Kappa .
(8) Assist with transfer and graduate recruitment initiatives, including day-to-day functions of the Admissions Office and other duties as necessary to support the recruitment efforts.
(9) Supervise and provide leadership and support to transfer Admission Counselors.
(10) All other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Master’s degree preferred with three years of recruitment experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Customer service oriented.
Clear verbal and written abilities, with effective interpersonal skills.
Strong public speaker with informative and persuasive speaking skills.
Ability to manager multibple priorities to accomplish required productivity goals.
Knowledge working with Microsoft Work, Excel, Powerpoint, Access and social media outlets.
Privately owned vehicle require for University business.
Job may require lifting light weight objects (1 to 10 pounds) with no repetitive bending or stooping. Occasionally lift average weight objects (1 to 10 pounds).
Regular exposure to favorable conditions such as those found in a normal office.
Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
Open Date: 03/17/2020
Salary/Pay Information: Commensurate with experience.
Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., available to work evenings and weekends.
About University of Detroit Mercy
Michigan’s largest, most comprehensive private university, the University of Detroit Mercy is an independent Catholic institution of higher education sponsored by the Religious Sisters of Mercy and Society of Jesus. The university seeks qualified candidates who will contribute to the University's urban mission, commitment to diversity, and tradition of scholarly excellence. The University of Detroit Mercy is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer with a diverse faculty and student body and welcomes persons of all backgrounds.
Internal Number: AF9893-CA001-2002-1215
About University of Detroit Mercy
The University of Detroit Mercy has one goal - to help our students realize their dreams and ambitions. We fulfill that goal by offering challenging academic programs taught by talented, committed professors and supplemented by hands-on research, co-op, and internship opportunities.